speed reading > articles
How long does it take to learn speed reading?
Well, you can increase your reading speed in one hour; however, you need to increase
your comprehension, too. Typically, you can obtain about 700-1500 words per minute and 90%
comprehension (normal speed is below 300 wpm and 75% comprehension). Give yourself 2 to 4
weeks depending on how much you do per day. Take your time. This is a gift you are giving
to yourself or to your child that will last a lifetime.
This software is done daily and simultaneously, 20 min. per day by all the students in each 3rd and 4th grade elementary school classroom, or it is done by students of all ages individually each day after school and/or at home.
Tips for increasing reading speed
- As the eyes move across the page they make a series of jerky movements. Whenever they
come to rest on a word that is called a fixation. Most people fixate once on each word
across a line of print.
- Take in more words with each fixation. Try to avoid focusing at groups of 2 to 3 words.
For instance, this sentence could be grouped in this manner:
for instance / this sentence / could be grouped / in this manner
- Make our eyes move faster.
- Familiarize yourself with new words so you don't get stuck on them when you read them
again. Work on vocabulary improvement.
- If you find yourself moving your lips when reading, force yourself to read faster so
that you can no longer move your lips.
- Read more! 10-20 minutes a day of reading an average size novel equals 18 books a year at
an average reading speed!
- Determine your purpose before reading. If you only need main ideas, then allow yourself
to skim the material. Don't feel you must read very word.
- There are several books on increasing reading speed available in most bookstores. If you
are serious about increasing your rate you may want to work systematically through one of
- Spend a few minutes a day reading at a faster than comfortable rate (about 2 to 3 times
faster than your normal speed). Use your hand or an index card to guide your eyes down the
page. Then time yourself reading a few pages at your normal speed. You'll find that often
your normal reading speed will increase after your skimming practice.
|> By using Speed reading software, you can improve
facilities of speed reading. You needn't practice special exercises; it
is just enough to read and periodical practice. Look at
free online speed reading trainings. All text
contain 50% of garbage. |
|> Remove 50% of letters
and you will read the text. Try to understand this simply idea and you speed
reading will up. Human mind read the words as china hieroglyph. You can
mix the letters and read the text. Try to
understand this simply idea and you speed reading will up. You can read the text
by groups of words. If you
strips the text you can also read the text. The
speed reading will by up if you wide the
span eyes. Use the full version of speed
reading software "Speed reading is
|> Habitually returning to what is already read, that
usually decreases the speed of reading, no longer happens. Reading each word
individually becomes unnecessary because skillful fast readers do not
individualize the text when reading at high speeds. |
|> You become accustomed to grasping a whole word or a
group of words at one glance. In this way you activate your peripheral vision
facilities. You study how to read without haste, because the program responds to
the speed you have chosen and does not react to your haste. The "Magic Speed
Reading" inclues 15 different computerized trainings.|
|> Speed reading is not magic :)|